Blogging is a great way for students to express themselves and connect with other students around the world.
At the same time, Internet safety is very important. The following guidelines have been adapted from the Academy of Discovery’s Blogging Rules:
- Students will never post any information more personal than first name nor will they post any identifying information.
- No plagiarizing. Ideas should be the student’s own. Students may expand on others’ ideas, giving credit where it is due.
- Language should be in line with the school’s standards and guidelines.
- Students should be respectful of each others’ writing.
- Students should be aware that once a post is up, it can be read by anyone. Only post what you are comfortable sharing with the world.
- Don’t be afraid to express yourself openly and honestly!
- Correct grammar and spelling are important.
- Students may not bully others in blog posts or in comments.
- Photos may be posted only if school appropriate and approved.
- Students will tell a trusted adult if they come across anything that makes them feel scared, uncomfortable, or confused.
- Students will never share personal information such as address, telephone number, parents’ or guardian’s work address/telephone number, or the name and location of school.